Critical Topics in Psychiatric Nursing covers all the exam topics
that you might not encounter in your normal daily practice
- Introduction to Critical Topics (1:46)
- Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Practice, and Critical Thinking (11:31)
- Psychiatric Nursing Case Management 101 (6:30)
- Psychiatric Outpatient Care
- Five Stages of (Behavioral) Change (6:46)
- Three Levels of Prevention (3:18)
- Three Types of Crises (5:06)
- Reports to Know: Healthy People Report 2020 and the IOM Report (4:58)
- Nursing Organizations to Know (5:53)
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) (2:28)
- Tobacco Cessation (5:25)
- The Keys to Best-Practice Documentation (9:13)
- Alternative Interventions
- Practice Questions (13:48)
Alison L. Miller, MSN, PMHRN-BC, FAIS,
Hi, everyone! I'm the owner of PMHRN and your instructor for this PMHN Exam Prep Master Course. I've been a psychiatric nurse educator for 30 years--a job I still love--and am delighted to be able to work together with you in achieving your goal of becoming a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse.
With Board Certification becoming increasingly recognized and valued, I've turned all my attention to helping as many psychiatric nurses as I can reach that important goal. I've helped hundreds of nurses pass the ANCC® exam on their first try and want to give you that same help and support.
When I'm not at my computer writing curriculum, I'm visiting family and friends...traveling to beautiful places...reading a Craig Johnson mystery...or hiking whatever trails I can find.