Critical Topics in Psychiatric Nursing covers all the exam topics
that you might not encounter in your normal daily practice
- Introduction to Critical Topics (1:46)
- Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Practice, and Critical Thinking (11:31)
- Psychiatric Nursing Case Management 101 (6:30)
- Psychiatric Outpatient Care
- Five Stages of (Behavioral) Change (6:46)
- Three Levels of Prevention (3:18)
- Three Types of Crises (5:06)
- Reports to Know: Healthy People Report 2020 and the IOM Report (4:58)
- Nursing Organizations to Know (5:53)
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) (2:28)
- Tobacco Cessation (5:25)
- The Keys to Best-Practice Documentation (9:13)
- Alternative Interventions
- Practice Questions (13:48)
Alison L. Miller, MSN, RN-BC, FAIS,
Hi, everyone! I'm the owner of PMHRN and your instructor for this ANCC® PMHN Exam Prep Master Course. I've been a psychiatric nurse educator for 30 years--a job I still love--and am delighted to be able to work together with you in achieving your goal of becoming a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse.
With Board Certification becoming increasingly recognized and valued, I've turned all my attention to helping as many psychiatric nurses as I can reach that important goal. I've helped hundreds of nurses pass the ANCC® exam on their first try and want to give you that same help and support.
When I'm not at my computer writing curriculum, I'm on the road lecturing...attending a Rays game...visiting family and friends... watching Husky videos...traveling to beautiful places...reading a Craig Johnson mystery...or hiking whatever trails I can find.