It's totally normal to feel a bit overwhelmed when you decide
to sit for your PMHN Boards. It's a big step forward in your career,
and you want to get it right...the FIRST time!
PMHRN's Online PMHN Exam Prep Master Course
is a comprehensive Board Certification review,
broken down into four manageable Sections, so that
you will be fully prepared and confident on exam day.
Each Section is a topic-by-topic review
with specific targetted lessons lasting between 2 - 12 minutes.
- Introduction to Psychiatric Nursing Foundations, Section 1 of the Master Course (2:34)
- Scope of Practice and the Nurse Practice Act (2:37)
- Professional Performance Standards (1:57)
- Code of Ethics + Downloadable PDF (3:39)
- Privacy, HIPAA, and Duty to Warn (3:03)
- Special Considerations for Child and Elder Abuse and Rape Victims (2:04)
- Voluntary vs Involuntary, and Other Legal Terms (1:48)
- Trauma Informed Care (1:36)
- Culturally Sensitive Nursing Care (4:16)
- Introduction to Theorists (1:14)
- Erikson's Development Stages (7:27)
- Jean Piaget and John Bowlby (3:33)
- Harry Stack Sullivan and Hildegard Peplau (2:35)
- Freud's Contributions: Defense Mechanisms, Transference, and Countertransference (6:39)
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (4:35)
- Brain Anatomy and Limbic System (3:16)
- Neurotransmitters 101 (3:04)
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Relationship (2:14)
- Therapeutic Relationship: Barriers and Enhancers (3:48)
- Therapeutic Communication: Verbal and Nonverbal (5:28)
- Untherapeutic Communication: Verbal and Nonverbal (11:54)
- Psychiatric Assessment Tools (5:18)
- Suicide Risk Assessment + Downloadable PDF (3:21)
- Psychiatric Terms and Definitions (Downloadable PDF)
- Practice Questions (11:26)
Alison Miller, MSN, PMHRN-BC, FAIS,
Hi, everyone! I'm the owner of PMHRN and your instructor for this PMHN Exam Prep Master Course. I've been a psychiatric nurse educator for close to 30 years and am delighted to be able to work together with you in achieving your goal of becoming a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse.
With Board Certification becoming increasingly recognized and valued, I've turned all my attention to helping as many psychiatric nurses as I can reach that important goal. I've helped hundreds of nurses pass the exam on their first try and want to give you that same help and support.
When I'm not at my computer writing curriculum, I'm visiting family and friends...traveling to beautiful places...reading a Craig Johnson mystery...or hiking whatever trails I can find.
When can I start?
Today!! You're given instant access to the course as soon as you enroll.
How long can I have access to the course?
Forever. There is no expiration date on this course.