It's totally normal to feel a bit overwhelmed when you decide to sit for your PMHN Boards. It's a big step forward in your career and you want to get it right...the FIRST time!
PMHRN's NEW Online PMHN Exam Prep Master Course is a comprehensive
Board Certification review, broken down into four manageable Sections, so that
you will be fully prepared and confident on exam day.
Each Section is a topic-by-topic review
with specific targeted video lessons lasting between 2-12 minutes.
Section 2 covers Psychiatric Diagnoses, Personality Disorders and the DSM 5.
The lessons here will not only review the DSM 5 diagnostic criteria for each relevant psychiatric diagnosis, but will also teach you how to remember some of the crucial testing points, making it easier to retain the important material.
- Introduction to Psychiatric Diagnoses, Personality Disorders and the DSM-5 (2:06)
- Trauma- and Stress-Related Disorders (4:21)
- Psychotic Disorders (6:27)
- Bipolar Disorder (7:44)
- Depressive Disorders (8:51)
- Eating Disorders (5:20)
- Substance Use Disorder Downloadable Handout
- Anxiety Disorder (9:15)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (7:12)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders (9:30)
- Neurocognitive Disorders (4:35)
- Introduction to Personality Disorders (3:23)
- Personality Disorders, Cluster A (3:34)
- Personality Disorders, Cluster B (6:03)
- Personality Disorders, Cluster C (5:04)
- Practice Questions (14:49)
Alison L. Miller, MSN, PMHRN-BC, FAIS
Hi, everyone! I'm the owner of PMHRN and your instructor for this PMHN Exam Prep Master Course. I've been a psychiatric nurse educator for more than 25 years--a job I still love--and am delighted to be able to work together with you in achieving your goal of becoming a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse.
With Board Certification becoming increasingly recognized and valued, I've turned all my attention to helping as many psychiatric nurses as I can reach that important goal. I've helped hundreds of nurses pass the exam on their first try and want to give you that same help and support.
When I'm not at my computer writing curriculum, I'm visiting family and friends...traveling to beautiful places...reading a Craig Johnson mystery...or hiking whatever trails I can find.